MYNE Obedience Training
Teaching your dog "good manners" is the most important thing you can do for your new companion. A well-trained dog is a joy to own, no matter what age your dog is. In addition to making everyday life together much easier, it may even save your dog's life one day.
Look over the classes we offer, and then talk to us. We can help you determine which class is at the best level for you and your dog.
Our training facility is state-of-the-art, with a fully padded, matted floor for all our obedience classes. It is heated and air-conditioned, as necessary.
MYNE Kennel offers affordable dog obedience training classes for all ages. Our classes teach you how to establish a positive bond with your dog, one where training is fun. Then, MYNE Kennel applies nationally approved programs so you will learn how to train your dog and so you can continue training at home during the week. In all of our classes, we feature humane, positive reinforcement training techniques, small class sizes and convenient schedules, and we guarantee our results.
Our professional training instructors offer personalized training for your pet during training sessions. Our trainers can handle any of your pet training challenges.
Types of Classes
- Puppy-K (limited to puppies under the age of 6 months when the course begins) -
This six-week course is the best possible way to get your puppy started. We'll give you tips on socialization, as well as teach basic behaviors, off leash, such as sit, down, come, heel, and much more. Your puppy and you will learn, all while having fun playing with other puppies. We'll also give you the skills to correct annoying puppy behaviors. Each class begins and ends with playtime.
- The AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy - This is an exciting new program designed to get dog owners and their puppies off to a good start. The AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Program is an incentive program for loving dog owners who have taken the time to take their puppies through a basic training class.
- Basic Training-Beginners (limited to dogs over 6 months when the course begins) -
This six-week course helps you establish a healthy, long-lasting relationship using reward-based training techniques. Behaviors taught are sit, down, stand, stay, come, heel, and more. We also train some of the behaviors that are required for the American Kennel Club's (AKC) Canine Good Citizen test.
- Canine Good Citizen Training - Get the preparation and skills you need to take and pass the American Kennel Club's Canine Good Citizen (CGC) test. The CGC challenges you and your dog in 10 areas: Accepting a friendly stranger, sitting politely for petting, appearance and grooming, out for a walk (walking on a loose lead), walking through a crowd, sit and down on command and staying in place, coming when called, reaction to another dog, reaction to distractions and supervised separation. Canine Good Citizen is offered by a licensed evaluator.
- Private Training - If you don't like a classroom setting, we also offer private one-on-one training to help you deal with specific problems or prepare you and your dog for the ring. We'll tailor private training to your particular situation, from basic obedience to advanced training to training "brush ups." Each private training session is 30 minutes at our facility.
- In House Board and Train -
While your dog is staying with us, he can have private obedience training sessions with one of our trainers. Daily, weekly or extended visits.
For more information on classes, please call either (518) 638-5488 or (518) 638-6985, or e-mail email@example.com
MYNE Kennel offers "while-boarded" obedience training programs for pooches of all ages. From puppy kindergarten to advanced training, our experienced instructors will show you that it's never too late to teach your dog new tricks.